Green Ramadan Campaign
Fri, 21 Aug 2009 17:50:05 GMT
CIOGC is announcing a new Ramadan initiative to raise awareness of environmental issues within the Muslim community and encourage our member organization to be more proactive in protecting the earth and the environment as part of our duty to the creation, look at Blessed and Green Ramadan article
We call on all of our member organization to do the following simple steps during the month of Ramadan including but not limited to:
- Start a Green committee or taskforce
- Dedicate one Friday Khutba during Ramadan for educating the community about Global warming and our role in protecting the earth and the environment by reducing energy use, carpooling, switching to renewable and clean energy, recycling and shrinking our Ecological and Carbon footprints
- Start recycling program in your organization
- Connect with Faith based environmental organizations like Faith in Place.
- Consider using solar energy for water heating purposes at your Mosque or your school
- Eat organic, Halal and healthy
- Lobby your local representative about environmental issue.
CIOGC is asking Muslim organizations and communities across Illinois to take leadership in Green issues .Your local organization will be featured on the CIOGC website and Chicago Crescent and included in a report that will be compiled by the CIOGC.
To document your organization's environmental or Green project, please send the following details to Ahmed Khan at email@example.com
- Organization name
- Project title or initiative
- Project description
- Date of project of initiative
- Names of Participants
- Any pictures or media coverage
- Contact name and number
- Anticipated number of volunteers
For any further questions or comments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a Blessed and Green Ramadan.
Dr. Zaher Sahloul
Back to top